Guidelines for ASSCR Rising Star Award
The Rising Star Award aims to recognize distinguished contributions of ASSCR members who have demonstrated excellence in research and leadership in the early stages of their careers. The award will be instigated in 2022 and two awards will be given each year.
To be eligible for a Rising Star Award the applicant must be:
- 0-5 years post-PhD or equivalent of full-time in the case of significant career interruption on the closing date of the year of application.
- a current member of ASSCR and held membership for at least 1 year.
- Applicants can either self-nominate or be nominated by a current ASSCR member.
- Previous ASSCR Rising Star Award winners are not eligible to apply.
- Applications that do not provide all the required information will be ineligible.
- Two awards will be presented each year.
- Each award winner will receive $5,500 in prize money (inclusive of $5,000 international travel grant provided by NSCF), a certificate and free registration for the next ASSCR Annual Meeting.
- The international travel grant should be spent within a year of receiving to attend international conference and/or laboratory visit and a report submitted to ASSCR/NSCF
- Applicants are required to supply a Curriculum Vitae of no more than 3 pages (12 point font) that addresses the selection criteria and includes:
- top five publications or presentations and a description of the key importance
- impact of research in any area of stem cell research
- communication, engagement and outreach activities
- contributions to the field that demonstrate leadership
- Supply evidence of PhD completion date (e.g. letter of degree completion from University)
- Submit application to the Chair of Conference and Award subcommittee (email@example.com) by 31 August 2022
- Applications will be assessed by a selection committee comprised of ASSCR President, Vice President, Past President, Chair of Conference and Awards and other executive members of ASSCR.
- Selection panel members will be required to declare any conflict of interest with individuals or institutions and if conflicts are high, will be removed from assessment of the application.
- Applications will be assessed against selection criteria, relative to opportunity.
- It is a policy of ASSCR that the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion are observed in both the composition of the selection committee and awardees.
|Quality and significance of research||50|
|Evidence of leadership||25|
|Communication, outreach and advocacy||25|
Announcement of awards The Rising Star Award recipients will be announced at the annual ASSCR meeting and/or the ASSCR AGM.